Nike Uptempo Yellow
6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. The book: Will have you laughing and crying and then crying some more since it is a beautifully written romance between two terminally ill young people. It is a beautiful story about life and death. The movie: Also stars Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort and will be out June 6th. Remove your mascara and take tissue with you to this emotional book made into a movie.
1. The Monuments Men by Robert Edsel and Bret Witter. The book: The true story of art historians who joined the armed forces during World War II to try to track down and save as much fine art as possible before and after Hitler got his hands on it. The movie: Will be released February 7th and stars a fantastic cast including: George Clooney, Matt Damon, John Goodman, and Bill Murray. I Dress Adidas
2. Winter's Adidas Tee Dress
10. This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. The book: Simultaneously mourning the death of his father and the end of his marriage, Judd joins the rest of the Foxmans as they reluctantly submit to their patriarch's dying request to spend the seven days following the funeral together. In the same house. Like a family. The book is hilarious. The movie: With Jason Bateman and Tina Fey. Enough said. To be released September 12th.
I'd like to augment Alan's series on books which have been made into movies with this list of 2014 movies which are based on books. This is going to be an awesome year at the movies and you'll enjoy the them even more if you check out these books from the library and read them before viewing the films. Here they are in order of release date.
dangerous to be someone like Tris someone who is Divergent. Being Divergent means you don't just belong in one category, and it also means you can't be controlled. This is a frightening world, but a must read book. The movie: Stars Kate Winslet, Shailene Woodley and Theo James and will be in theaters March 21st. It will be scary!
11. The Maze Runner by James Dashner. The book: The Maze Runner is the first book in the trilogy of the same name by James Dashner. It is the story of Thomas, who wakes up in a strange place and can remember nothing more than his name.
15 books to read before the movie premieres
4. A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. The book: Tells the story of four people who encounter one another on the roof of Topper's House, a London destination famous as the last stop for those ready to end their lives. It is told in four distinct voices and manages to be humorous and somber at the same time. The movie: Stars Aaron Paul, Rosamund Pike, Imogen Poots and Pierce Brosnan and will be released March 7th.
3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. The book: I recommend that you read at least the first book in this series. There are way too many sexy vampire books out there, but with a mythology different from your typical vampire story, a novel this dark and sexy is definitely worth your time. The movie: Will also be released February 14th and features Zoey Deutch, Lucy Fry, and Sarah Hyland, and was made by the directors of Mean Girls.
15. Serena by Ron Rash. The book: The year is 1929, and newlyweds George and Serena Pemberton travel from Boston to the North Carolina mountains where they plan to create a timber empire. Although George has already lived in the camp long enough to father an illegitimate child, Serena learns that she will never bear a child, and sets out to murder the son George fathered without her. The movie: A must see since it stars Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. To be released sometime this year.
9. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. The book: This is a dark twisted tale with despicable characters and a sometimes harrowing, but well developed, plot which some readers may find just too uncomfortable to read. It's not a happy story or a feel good book. On the other hand, if you like a little of the above, then Dark Places will keep you turning the pages and have you sitting up and reading long into the night. The movie: To be released September 1st with Charlize Theron.
am planning on seeing this one in the theater!
5. Divergent by Veronica Roth. The book: Set in a world where you're placed in neat little categories called factions, it's Adidas Blue Hoodie Men
12. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. The book: Amy mysteriously disappears on her fifth wedding anniversary and it's looking more and more like her husband Nick was involved. This thrilling book will translate into a great suspenseful movie. The movie: With Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, it will be out on October 3rd just in time for the Halloween season.
8. The Giver by Lois Lowry. The book: The Giver, the 1994 Newbery Medal winner, follows the story of a boy who is given the responsibility of remembering the history of the world that existed before the establishment of the Utopian society in which he now lives. Profound and full of important messages, this is definitely a novel that should be on your 'To Be Read' list. The movie: Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep make this a highly anticipated movie and Taylor Swift tries acting. The release date is August 15th.
Tale by Mark Helprin. The book: Takes readers on a journey to New York of the Belle where Peter Lake attempts to rob a Manhattan mansion only to find the daughter of the house at home. Thus begins the love between the middle aged Irishman and Beverly Penn, a young girl who is dying. The movie: This romantic fantasy comes out February 14th and stars Colin Farrell, Russell Crowe and Jessica Brown Findlay.
7. The Hundred Foot Journey by Richard Morais. The book: The story starts with a tragedy in Mumbai, India and follows the family around the world until they land in Lumiere, France where they open an Indian restaurant one hundred feet from a fancy french restaurant. The movie: Helen Mirren will play Madame Mallory who is initially infuriated when the new restaurant is such a success, but then softens and takes the young man under her wing. Release date is August 8th.
13. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. The book: the true story of Louis Zamperini, a track star from the 1930's who participated in the 1936 Berlin Olympics and then became an airman in WWII. His plane went down in the Pacific Ocean and the story is fascinating. The movie: To be released on Christmas day, directed by Angelina Jolie, and starring Garrett Hedlund, Jai Courtney, and Domhnall Gleeson. It'll be a great one to watch with the whole family.
14. Wild by Cheryl Strand. The book: Chreyl lost both her mother and her marriage in quick succession, Nike Uptempo Yellow so with nothing left to lose, she decided to hike more than a thousand miles of the Pacific Crest Trail. It is a story of wilderness salvation and survival, both internally and externally. The movie: Will be released sometime in 2014 and will star Reese Witherspoon.
Nike Uptempo Yellow
Adidas Prophere Colourways
© 2000 Rent-A-Ghost